Monday, October 19, 2009

A lazy day in the life of......


With all the chilly weather we have had recently I have been so lazy.  I am not a fan of cold weather lets face it.  Last week we didn't leave the house to go anywhere except to the mailbox.  The only thing cool about that was I got my pottery barn catalogs.  I have been trying to find things around the house to entertain Bailey because she loves to go outside and thats not an option right now.  I had all intentions of making cookies for halloween last week.  We got the stuff to make sugar cookies and to decorate them...when I say things I mean the premade cookie dough and a can of icing with some sprinkles.  I thought I had regular food coloring here to turn the icing orange but was wrong.  I only had fluoresant colors and they don't add up to be orange.  So we went with green and purple! So festive I know! Who cares about the colors when you get to make a mess and then eat it.

She decorated all these by herself.  With the help of me making sure she  didn't fall off of the chair.


Can't make all these cookies without testing them out.  Yes..... not only did the cookies have icing on them she had to dip them in the icing as well.

Another reason I realized I have been really lazy because I go into the laundry room to start a load of laundry because Jason needs some clothes for a trip and I realize we are almost out of detergent.  Yeah I know what your thinking....that doesn't make you lazy.  Well the lazy part is I dont remember using the detergent to do the laundry.  So I sit and think back hmmm I remember giving my mom money to get me some detergent because she was coming to my house the next day and I wasn't going anywhere.  So that means either my mom or Jason has done that much laundry to use all of the detergent.  Laundry is totally not my thing.....I don't do laundry until everything I own is dirty and by then I am hoping Jason has already done it.  I dont like to clean period but I keep my house pretty decent just not the laundry.

Ok well hopefully I will get out of this lazy mood so you will have something interesting to read about or at least pictures to look at.  I at least have to go buy some laundry detergent.

4 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

I like green and purple for Halloween!!!! Looks like a lot of fun. I think it's time for us to decorate cookies or cupcakes again...it's fun to get the kiddos involved! And edible projects are always great!

Girlie | Digital Room said...

Little Bailey's so adorable. I like her photo in black and white. She looks so cute in her plaid top.

Decorating cookies would be a great Halloween activity for my nephew.

Is Bailey ready for Trick-or-Treat?

Tracie Nall said...

I am right there with you about the laundry....that is my least favorite "chore" to do!!

I thought everyone bought pre-made sugar cookies and icing, how else would you make cookies?

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Wow she is precious and that looks like fun! I am now following from MBC! You can find me at www.mommywords.com!