Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bathroom decorations

The ladies over at Shanty2Chic are having revamp party.  I decided I would link up after I made these decorations for my bathroom.



My mom and I were out shopping one day and went into the dollar store.  I had just made these cute canvas pictures you can check out right here.  I saw these pictures and thought hmm I could do something similar with these. Not sure at the time but something!! Plus they were only a dollar so I bought six. We have lived in our house for way too long and haven't put any decorations in the bathroom downstairs.  I got the idea the other day from some scrapbook paper I really like!! 



So first I spray painted them all Rust-Oleum American Accent in Heirloom White with a Smooth Satin finish.



and painted these as well.( the letters are for mine and Jasons names)

My Bathroom is done in mostly blue.  There is a small stripe of green in my shower curtain and thought I would bring more of it out.  I found this scrapbook paper at JoAnn's Fabrics. I liked the design but didnt want the same thing on all photos.   So I cut each of the shapes out in the design I wanted.  (I forgot to take pictures of the actually cut outs sorry)

I modge podged the cut-outs the way I wanted them on the pictures.

On the other two I used some of this DecoArt Metallic Glaze.  I watered it down with some water because it comes off easier and doesn't turn out as dark or thick.


Painted it on and then wiped it off.

Added the green paper and the letters.









Shanty 2 Chic




**Update I am also linking this up to


8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love it! I especially love the monogrammed canvas! Too cute!

Trish said...

Well you are just little miss home makeover queen.....LOVE IT!

You would have ever thought that old lady in the picture could turn into something so modern and cool!

Awesome job!!!!!

trish said...

Great job!
I love the upper right hand picture in your header. :o)
It reminds me of when my daughter was younger.
Her hair would do the same thing in little pony tales! :o)
Too cute!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

KimMalk said...

This was a great idea. I especially like the retro scrapbook paper.
@cheapchichome.blogspot.com

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

WOW! I really love how your letters turned out. Can't wait to try it myself!

2Wired2Tired said...

Very cool! What an eye you have to turn one thing into something completely different. Great job.

Jen Vincent said...

Very cool! I am a new(er) follower to your blog! I have an award for you over at my blog! :)

http://frommyfrontporchlookingin.blogspot.com/2009/12/happy-happy-joy-joy.html

Unknown said...

SO cute!!! I love it! :D

Thanks for the congrats :) I was sick the entire time last time too and the only medicine they gave me knocked me out and made me sleep for 18 hours straight :S Needless to say I only took it once! If I stay that sick this time around I think I'm going to be asking for what else they can give me :) LoL!