Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pure Innocence

RIGHT!!!!  This little girl right here is going to teach me patience even if I don't want too.  She now tries to hit us when we tell her no.  If we are not close enough for her to try and hit our hands or arms she will hit her doll of whatever is in reach.  Well it takes everything for me not to smack her hand and say no.  I mean what is that teaching her.....I can smack you but you cant smack me??  So I don't smack her hand anymore.  Plus I watched The Super Nanny one night and realized I shouldn't smack anyways!!! But no I am getting paid back for smacking her hands those couple of times.  Well anyways, I thought I am going to start ignoring it because maybe shes doing it for attention.  So we are sitting here and I have my legs layed out on the ottoman all comfy and she tries to climb up.  I tell her no and she goes to hit me and I just ignore her.  She did it again and I ignored it.  She stopped!!!!! Yahh I solved the problem.  I am like a mom genius!!

She then bent over and tried to bite my toes!!!!  So much for the genius part.  I guess I am just a mom!

We are headed ouf of town this morning to PA.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. 


9 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

be careful with my bff!!! loves ya

Trish said...

She may hit when you tell her "no" but those blue eyes would just melt me heart!!!!!

Oh, I love your new header!!!!!

Midnite Skys said...

I know you didn't ask for my advice but I will give it... I am a grandmother you know we can get that way sometimes.... But I didn't hit. My daughter is grown now is is a wonder young woman. Her Dad and I would have fights about the whole spank issue. One time I was so mad I told him that it doesn't teach anything! Only we are bigger we can hit harder. Our minds are grown up minds that we can use them to teacher right from wrong. We should use our MINDS not our FISTS. Then the tears came... Made him think... And agree with me.
It will become second nature

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Oh good luck with the hitting and biting! It can be so hard to really break these habits but it sounds like you are on the right track. She is cute. It is so hard not to melt but then you do value your toes right ;)

Aries said...

Hi, I am one of the mommy blogger that found your blog in Linkrefferal. Your girl is adorable. She is so pretty. After looking at her photo on this blog, I just have to tell you she is a very pretty girl.

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

Hilarious! Loved this post. I just found your awesome blog on MBC and am following you now. Can't wait to read more. And btw, your daughter is super adorable!! Those ponytails are killer. Have a great weekend and come by my blog for a peek sometime. I just wrote a post on toddler tantrums and the sort yesterday. Check it out if you want!

http://www.organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com/subBlog.asp?bID=69

Clueless_Mama said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. She is a little doll :) Following from MBC. http://www.guessingalltheway.com

MrsBlogAlot said...

This has to be one of the most beautiful kids I have ever seen!

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

She is adorable. I'm following from MBC. I hope you will check out my blog when you get a chance. http://www.couponclippinmommy.blogspot.com/