Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekend Getaway

WOW! How are you all? Have you missed me?  I have been trying to catch up with everyone's blogs and trying to post about our trip.  I have been so exhausted from our trip it hurts my eyes to look at the computer screen.  We all know I have to be really tired because I am always checking something on here like emails, facebook, others blogs, and now twitter. (You can follow me here.)  If you don't have much time you may want to come back because this could get long.
 20th month 24420th month 245

We left Thursday afternoon and flew out of Charleston.  I was really nervous about flying because I had only done it once before.  Within the last month there have been two planes out of Charleston that had to put there "E" brake on before they went over the mountain because something went wrong with the planes.  Then we get our bags checked and walk through and see a plane crash on the TV.  I was totally freaking out!  Then we watch more and it was some man that actually crashed the plane on purpose.  We board our plane and wait for everything to get a movin'.  We start going faster and faster and then up we go.  I am holding Jason's arm so bad and have the worst sweaty palms ever (well I was sweating from every pore I think.)  As I am doing this Bailey is laughing saying WHEEEEEEE!  So she enjoyed it more that I did. 

20th month 252

20th month 254

20th month 255

Once we finally get to Lafayette I felt so much better being on land!  We had to run to Target to get a few things we forgot and then headed back to Lindsey and Ray's house.  We made some burgers and hung out talking and checked out their new house. 

20th month 257

Don’t you just love her kitchen?  They just finished this house in October.

20th month 259

I love how open it is.  I want a house like this very very soon!

Friday we got up and went shopping to all the little boutiques around town.  It was just nice to go shopping at places we don't have here.  We found lots of good deals.  Well I am pretty sure the only things we bought were for Bailey.  We couldn't shop that much because we were flying, but trust me I bought my fair share of clothes. The weather was so nice that we got to play outside of awhile.  It was also nice that they had a big flat backyard for Bailey to run in.  She loved being out there.

20th month 279-1

20th month 283-1

20th month 281-1

They even have a TV out on their patio.  Jason wants one of these really soon!

20th month 285-1

She wore her dogs out by chasing them all weekend.

That evening we went to a restaurant called Blue Dog.  I had never heard of it but the guy who owns it is a very famous artist known for his paintings of a blue dog.  It was very neat to have food that we cannot get around here.  The food is also a lot spicier than here.

20th month 289-1

Saturday we went to lunch at a little Maw and Paw store.  It was called Old Tyme Grocery.  They are famous for their Po' Boys.  They are just hoagie sandwiches with anything you want on them.  They made me try fried shrimp and it was the most amazing thing ever.  I should have gotten a picture of the sandwich, but didn't think to. 

20th month 292-1

20th month 293-1

20th month 301-1

 20th month 313-1

 20th month 314-1

Afterwards we went to the zoo.  It was the highlight of Baileys weekend.  She loved everything about looking at the animals.  She loved the monkeys.  She laughed and pointed at them and was so interested in all of the animals.  I can't wait to take her to a bigger zoo.  (We are thinking of taking her to Cincinnati Zoo because it is pretty close and we have friends there.)
20th month 319-1

20th month 329-1

20th month 365-1

20th month 373-1

20th month 395-1


Then that evening we went to the dinner they had been so excited to take us to.  CRAWFISH!

20th month 414-1

I was so scared to get them because I didn't know if I would like them.  I like a few seafood things but not that many.  I went ahead and just order them in hopes they would be good.  It was weird because they said you make your own dipping sauce for them.   You mix ketchup, mayo, horseradish sauce, garlic sauce, and a few hot sauces. 

20th month 404-1

I went ahead and made some mixture I thought would be good, but ended up not using it.  They had such a good flavor to them I didn't need it.  I will say that it was a lot of hard work for what little meat you get. (I thought crab legs were a lot of work.)

20th month 413-1 20th month 416-1

20th month 415-1 
 
Bailey even liked them, but didn't eat that much because she found something else that she REALLY liked.  BUTTER!  She was dipping her crackers in it and it didn't seem to be enough.  She started taking the small thing of butter and licking it clean.

20th month 408-1

20th month 409-1

20th month 410-1

We had all intentions of going shopping afterwards but Bailey wasn't up for it.  She got really cranky so we sent her home with the boys and Lindsey and I went shopping for awhile.  That is when I found all kids of good deals and bought the cutest spring clothes.  Best of all I found a new favorite store!  Dillard's.  We don't have one here and when we go other places to shop I never went into one until then.  Lindsey made me check it out and told me she loves shopping their and I soon became a huge fan!  I bought Baileys birthday outfit for her and it has to be the cutest outfit I have ever seen.  Now we only have 3 months to plan the party!

20th month 426-1

I drank a lot of Starbucks because if I want it here I have to go to the hospital or the mall to get some.

8 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

Looks like fun!!!! I totally think having Starbucks is so part of the airport/flying experience. You just have to. Although I've learned to get something decaf or it makes me all jittery on the plane where I have to sit in an uncomfortable chair for wait too long! Looks like you had a great trip. I'm so jealous of the warm weather, can't wait for spring (which will hopefully be here soon). I want to hear about Bailey on the plane, how did it go? Any tips to share?? (Not that I'll be going anywhere on a plane any time soon...)

I also wanted to let you know I have an award for you over at my blog! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. My prayers are with you guys.
Your daughter is just adorable. Thanks for following my blog. I am now a follower of yours too =)

Trish said...

Glad your back safe & sound! Sounds like you guys had a great trip. I love their house!!!

Well there is nothing to catch up on with my blog...I have been in a "blog funk" lately...oh well, I be back to posting again soon.

Love all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad the plane rides went well :D

The Drama Mama said...

Oh my goodness...we L♥VE us some crawfish!! Yummy! And Bailey is just stinking PRECIOUS!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog...I just started following yours! Have a great day!

Tired Mom Tesa said...

What a wondeful trip! I'm glad everyone had a great time. The food all sounds so delicious! I love the picture of Bailey in the crocodile mouth at the zoo, very cute.

By the way, you have an award waiting for you on my blog. Congrats!

Vanessa said...

Bailey is such a sweetheart!
MMM Starbucks! I'm so sad that you do not have more of them around! I have 2 within 2 miles of my house. Love it. 8) Glad you had a fabulous time!!

The Caffeinated Librarian said...

Love the pictures in this post. Looks like you had tons of fun!