Monday, January 11, 2010

Dreams do come true

This past Saturday Jason, Bailey, and myself went to my grandmas.  Jason had to hook up a DVD player for my uncle.  While we were there I wanted to go through her attic just to see if I could find anything cool to bring home.  She has lots of my toys when I was a kid that my parents stored up there.  I started going through tons of boxes and bags, and more boxes and bags. It brought back so many memories of my childhood.  My sister and my favorite thing to do when we were little was to play with our dolls.  We really played everything out to a tee like we were real mommies.  We had real diaper bags we would carry when we would take our dolls places.  They were filled with lots of clothing changes, bottles, and diapers.  Pretty much anything a real baby would need, we carried it for our babydolls.  Looking through all of it almost brought a tear to my eye.  I remember people always asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up and the answer was always  "a mommy."  Afterwards  I just started thinking wow all my dreams have come true.  I actually met that someone that "swept me off my feet" just like I thought my husband would do.  Best of all we had a little Miss Bailey Shae and made my dream title come true!  I was finally a Mommy!!!!  Through all the sleepless nights, early mornings, and aggravated days its totally worth every single second.  Why? Because all the little kisses I get through the day, how her head fits perfectly on my shoulder, how she looks at me and thinks I can fix anything, how when I dance or make a funny face she thinks its hilarious, the way her little tush fits perfectly in my lap to read a book, but most of all because she calls me Momma!


 OK Ok I could go on and on just like any mom, but I can barely see the screen from the tears running down my face.  Plus this totally was not where I was going with my posting today.  So just think of the fun things that could be coming up.  Plus I have a blog award that I received in the past few days that I want to share.  Oh yeah I also just hit 100 followers today.  I can not believe it and am so very excited!  Thank you all for reading my part of the web!

5 comments:

Perfectly Jenn said...

That was so very sweet! I hope to one day feel the kind of joy you feel . . . I want to be a mommy more than anything in this world!
Thanks for making my night with your sweet little post! :)

Trish said...

What great memories you find stashed away in an attic. I did the same thing at my Granny's this summer and came back hom ewith all my Dad's(not so good report cards) all the way from 1st grade to 12th grade...yep, my Granny is a huge pack rat! But it is wonderful to now have those things to keep from his childhood.

Congrats on 100 followers! Thats GREAT!

Vanessa said...

Aww what an adorable post and I'm glad your dreams have come true!

Congrats on your 100 followers! That's awesome!!

Misty Dawn said...

aww you made me cry!! i love you girlfriend!! you are the best sister i could ever ask for and we were the best moms to katie and whitney!! ill prob let you raise my kids though cause ur better at it...and besides mom.. you are the best mother ever! Bailey is super lucky to have you!!! ughh ruined my makeup today you little brat!!! love youuuuuuuuu

Cheyanne Hively said...

This is all so true! There is nothing like being a mommy!