Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Snooze day!!

OK I am completly exhausted today.  You ask why????  Well I will get to that in a few.  About a week ago while Jason was out of town I heard a beeping noise going off.  Then it would stop and I would go on with my business.  Then there it goes off again.   So I check the smoke detector upstairs...its not that.  So I was like it has to be the one downstairs.  It wasnt like there was a fire....it just was a beep like the battery was going dead.  So I was getting Bailey ready for bed and decided I would take it down once I got her down and didnt have to chase her around because she would insist going in Jasons office or the laundry room.  I put her to bed and come down stairs to take the detector down.  Well I just took the battery out and laid it on the table to remind me that we needed batteries.  Fastforward.....Jason gets home...we hear the beeping again.  So I was like its the fire detector upstairs...which could have totally been logical because we bought them at the same time and you would think the batteries would go dead around the same time.  We take it down and put batteries in both and put them back up.  Ok back to why I am so tired today.  I wake up at 3:00 this morning to the BEEPING AGAIN!!!!!!  I was like Jason do you hear that?  (Jason can sleep through anything and is really mean and doesnt even remeber it the net morning in case you were wondering.) He goes "NO I dont hear anything"  I continue to bother him and be like "can you just go check what it is?" (like 5 times.)  He gets up and shuts the door like it makes everything better if you cant hear it.  I mean there could be a fire downstairs and he shuts the door so he doesnt hear the detector going off.  But like I said he doesnt know what hes doing when hes half asleep.  I make him open the door and go check it out..  He comes back upstairs and is like do you have a headache??...(I was thinking wow thats nice of him to ask in the middle of the night if I have a headache and seeing if I need Tylonel). haha WRONG .....come  to realize the whole time the beeping has never been the fire detectors at all...its the CARBON DIOXIDE detector.  The side effects of being exposed to carbon dioxide are headache, nausea, flu like symptoms.  We freak out thinking what do we do.....its been going off for over a week and we havent noticed symptoms.  But dont want to go back to bed because obviosuly we could not wake up.  So we call 911 and get the fire dept. here.  They bring one of the biggest trucks they have and about 6 firemen.  (We live on a deadend street where there is no room for a huge truck to turn around...I dont even wanna know what the neighbors were thinking when they heard that beeping sound of a large truck backing down our hill at about 4:00 in the morning.)  They use their tester and they get a reading of 000.  So they tell us we just need a new detector.  So it was hard to go back to sleep after all of that.  So that leaves me with a very sleepy day and a long story for you to read!

No comments: